Anyway, I thought I'd do a quick post on transforming an outfit from day to night and how I've got this down to a fine art over the years. You see, my hubby isn't a planner. It's all very spontaneous. Too spontaneous sometimes. 'Right, let's eat out tonight' means, 'grab your coat, we're going'.
Here's what I do.
|Navy & Black Lace Top - Jovonna (similar)|
Navy Pull On Coated Leggings - Next
Grey Boyfriend Cardigan - Kettlewell Colours
Navy & Black Double Buckle Shoes - Next (similar)
Black Leather Shopper - Marks & Spencer (similar)
Cardigan switched to a blazer
Shoes switched to heeled boots
Tote switched to a formal shoulder bag
Bracelets added (not seen)
Lipstick switched from Mac Sandy B to Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet (not seen)
Blusher - a quick brush to increase intensity
Hair - tied back
It took me 3 minutes and 1 1/2 was unbuckling the shoes!!
|Black Blazer - Ralph Lauren (similar)|
Black Ankle Boots - Marks & Spencer (similar)
Black Bag - Marks & Spencer (love this)
1. Adding a heel is a great way of upgrading any outfit. I've been known to go out in my joggers (oh the shame) and add a pair of ankle boots
2. This is when a blazer comes into it's own. Useful for smartening even a pair of jeans and t-shirt
3. Layer up a few bracelets and add a necklace
4. Swap your tote for a clutch bag
5. If you don't do anything else to your make-up at least swish on some blusher and add a brighter lipstick
6. I normally tie my hair back and pull out a few strands if I haven't bothered to style it that morning
We'll be in to party season quicker than you can say sparkly tinsel at this rate and I so wish I had adopted this way of dressing when I worked in an office. It would have saved me a whole lot of hassle.