Still Planning Forward With A Few More Spring Updates

03 February 2017


I popped over to Homebase earlier for varnish (don't ask, it's boring) and couldn't resist nipping in to Next for a mooch. Actually that's a lie, I wanted to check out the red tweed jacket - the varnish was an excuse.

I feel the need to justify another jacket to my family who already despair that my obsession is akin to growing mushrooms. Now spilling over into 3 bedrooms. But but but, many are old and all are worn. OK not right now, jumpers and coats are on repeat but give it a few weeks and they'll come into their own. So no, I'm not going to justify anything to anyone. The family can roll their eyes as much as they want.

Anyway, the jacket. It's a classic wardrobe piece that will I'm sure, be pulled out year after year. It's an orangey-red colour so brilliant for warm skin tones (me). I'm normally a size 10 everything in Next but had to size up in this one. It actually looks and feels more expensive than the £60 price tag.

Next Tweed Edge To Edge Jacket


I find collarless jackets easy to wear as you can literally put any style underneath. I'm thinking a plain white t-shirt and cropped jeans for a really simple crisp daytime outfit.



The shirt (£24) is also new season from Next (link here) which I picked up to try on just because it looked so vibrant and fresh. So much nicer in real life although I left it behind for now. And the black pull on coated leggings (£24) that I'm wearing are still available - phew (link here).

Now I understand that jackets aren't for everyone even though this is a lovely soft option with a bit of stretch so this next one would still give you a similar look but is more of a cardi option. I'm asked all the time how Natural style personalities can look smarter but still feel comfortable. This is your answer ladies. They didn't have it in my local shop so it's on back order online. If you want to give it a try, I'd recommend that you pop an order over ASAP.

Red Military Jacket £32



Still on a mission to rediscover my love of denim. I think I've decided that non-skinny, distressed jeans are just too sloppy for me. Happy to do a little distressing on a skinny because they're more of a structured shape than say a boyfriend. But I'm totally freaked out that I need to find another shape of denim for fear that skinnies are well and truly on their way out (please no). So I've ordered the high rise real straight jeans from Gap. Haven't received them yet and by all accounts I won't get them until well into next week so heads up now as there is 35% off full price styles quoting code BONUSGAP. It ends on the 5th so get your skates on.

Gap High Rise Real Straight Jeans £44.95 (pre-discount)




And if you're looking for a decent plain white t-shirt to go under the red jacket above, look no further than Hush. These are fantastic quality, I much prefer them to the Boden and Baukjen ones if I'm honest. The shape, length and fabric are bob-on.

Hush Cotton Slub V-Tee £27



A couple of bits from Boden that I have my eye on, this dress needs a little explaining because quite honestly it looks a bit, well boring shall we say.

So the picture first of all.

Boden Margot Jersey Dress £55


I could do a lot with it though. It's an easy wear which suits me down to the ground. I'm far too lazy to have to think about changing clothes throughout the day for different activities. Chuck this on in a morning and it's easily dressed up with a jacket and heels or down with flip flops for pottering around the house. I'm talking summer wear obviously.

I'm still explaining...

So last year I stuck to simple silhouettes and accessorised, accessorised, accessorised. And it kind of worked. These were dresses that I could wear on a daily basis, easy care, easy wear and comfortable. So I aim to repeat again this year starting with the Margot dress above.

And finally shoes, my favourite subject EVER. Navy blue suede no less which are a perfect transitional footwear for spring. And would look great with the red jacket and jeans. Just saying.

Boden Catherine Mid Heel Shoes £98



By the way, a reader has got in touch to tell me that she ordered the backless loafer that I featured last time. Apparently they are almost impossible to keep on your feet so if you love them as much as me I've devised a plan of action:

1. Wait for a discount code, you won't mind so much that you can't walk in them

2. Only wear them when you're standing still. Obviously this means that the family will have to do all daily chores

3. I do think that there is a way of keeping them on your feet by walking like a duck. This will take practice but basically turn your feet outwards, bend the knees and stick out your bum. Shuffle forward. I'm positive this will work.

Good luck.

It's a stressful old time in this house as I'm sure anyone with 15 year old boys doing GCSEs will agree. How we're going to get through to June, I do not know. I'm not allowed to help, scratch that, I'm not allowed to even speak and god help me if I attempt to tidy up his room. Oh a fun weekend in store for sure. I hope you have a better one.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely jacket Donna and the Gap jeans look an interesting shape. It does look like skinny jeans are not going to stick around much longer doesn't it. Oh dear! I do like straight leg jeans and trousers though so hope they will be an alternative. At 5'4' wide voluminous pants are not a good look on me.
    I'd like to see a video demonstration of your duck walk! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that red tweed jacket, I seem to have missed that in my Next round-up of pieces I want. On the wishlist it goes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPEAKER Have you stopped blogging?

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design